Aselsan, leading electronics and electronic systems company of Turkey, established a company with the King Abdallah II Design&Development Group (KADDB) to produce night vision system and thermal imaging system.
In a statement released on Friday, Aselsan said that ASELSAN Middle East Company was established with 51 per cent of the shares belonging to KADDB while the rest 49 per cent to Aselsan AS.
It also announced that the opening capital of the company was 2 million Jordanian dinars.
The company is planning initially to produce monocular night vision equipments and night vision scopes as well as thermal imaging system for armoured vehicles at the KADDB Industrial Park.
ASELSAN Middle East aims to be one of the most powerful company in the field of electrooptics in the Middle East and North Africa.
Aselsan designs, develops and manufactures modern electronic systems for military and industrial customers in Turkey and abroad.
Aselsan declared 160.7 million Turkish Lira net profit in 2011. (One USD equals 1.768 TL)
4,050 personnel are working in the company which spent 447 million TL for research and development last year.
The company ranks on the 80th line among the most prestigious defense industry companies of the world.
Kazakhstan Aselsan Engineering and Eurocopter Kazakhstan Engineering had signed a cooperation agreement on integration of avionics equipment and systems in EC-145 helicopters in Kazakhstan.