Turkish Interior Minister Muammer Guler said that death toll rose to 14 following the blast which occurred in Cilvegozu border gate in Turkey's southern Hatay province on Monday.
Guler told reporters that three of the victims were Turkish citizens and 10 were Syrians, adding that 27 others were wounded, and nine of them were Turks.
Meanwhile, Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin, Customs & Trade Minister Hayati Yazici and Interior Minister Guler left for Hatay to survey the blast scene.
Guler said that 19-20 vehicles were damaged due to the blast, adding that the blast occurred in a vehicle which came from Syrian side.
He noted that a strong explosive was used in the blast.
Three ministers examine the blast scene in Cilvegozu
On the other hand, Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin, Customs & Trade Minister Hayati Yazici and Interior Minister Muammer Guler surveyed the blast scene in Cilvegozu border gate near southern Hatay city on Monday.
Earlier in the day, 13 people were killed and 27 others were injured during a blast at Cilvegozu border gate. Among victims, there were Turkish and Syrian citizens.
Cilvegozu Customs Directorate officials briefed the ministers about the incident.
Ambassador Ricciardone issued a condolence message for the victims of the blast
US Ambassador to Turkey Francis Ricciardone has issued a condolence message over the loss of lives during the blast at Cilvegozu border gate which killed 13 people and injured dozens of others.
In a statement released on Monday, Ricciardone said that they were deeply saddened by the loss of life at the Cilvegozu border-crossing between Turkey and Syria in what appeared to be a deliberate attack.
US State Department's spokesperson Victoria Nuland also said they were saddened by the loss of life in the blast in Cilvegozu border gate near Turkey's southern Hatay province.