The Turkish prime minister has revealed efforts for a "comprehensive" action plan to enhance security after the capital was struck by a terrorist attack that killed 28 people earlier this week.
Following his visit Saturday to Ankara Governor's Office in the wake of Wednesday's attack, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said his government would introduce a new security concept "unique to capital Ankara".
"Aside from security measures across Turkey, a new and special security mechanism and an action plan that accounts for Ankara's unique properties will be prepared," Davutoglu told reporters.
The prime minister said the government would brook no excuses in implementing the action plan, promising to fulfill any equipment and personnel requirements of the law enforcement apparatus.
Ankara was hit by a suicide bomb on Feb. 17 that left 28 people -- 20 of them military personnel -- dead and 81 people injured. The attack, which was blamed on the PKK and the YPG, came four months after twin suicide bombings attributed to Daesh killed 103 people in the capital, marking the deadliest attack in Turkey's history.
Referring to a claim of responsibility for Wednesday's suicide bombing, Davutoglu said that an ongoing investigation into the attack yielded no further information that ran contrary to the initial findings, and the PKK-YPG connection of the perpetrators was clear.
The YPG is the armed wing of the PYD, the PKK’s Syrian affiliate. Turkey considers all three groups to be terrorist organizations.