World, Middle East

Jordan says thwarted ‘terror plot’

Petra says a Daesh-linked cell had planned the attacks in November

Ekip  | 08.01.2018 - Update : 08.01.2018
Jordan says thwarted ‘terror plot’ FILE PHOTO

Jordan

By Laith al-Junaidi  

AMMAN

Jordan’s intelligence service said Monday it has foiled a major “terrorist” plot in the country, according to the official Petra news agency.  

Petra said a Daesh-linked cell had planned the attacks in November “with a view to harming national security and creating chaos and panic”.  

A total of 17 suspects involved in the plot had been detained, the agency said.  

Security and military sites, malls, media stations and moderate religious scholars were among the targets by the plotters, Petra said.  

It said the suspects had planned to finance their plot by robbing banks and stealing cars in the towns of Ruseifa and Zarqa in central Jordan.

Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
Related topics
Bu haberi paylaşın