30 PKK terrorists killed in SE Turkey operations
Turkish General Staff says deaths occurred on Monday in the Mardin, Sirnak, and Hakkari provinces
ANKARA
Thirty PKK terrorists were killed in counter-terrorism operations against the PKK in Turkey's southeastern provinces of Mardin, Sirnak, and Hakkari on Monday, the Turkish army said.
According to a Turkish General Staff statement issued on Tuesday, eight PKK terrorists were killed in the Nusaybin district of the Mardin province.
The operation in Nusaybin started on March 14.
The statement also said nine PKK terrorists were killed in the Sirnak province, raising the total number of terrorists killed in Sirnak to 183.
Another counter-terrorism operation has been ongoing in the Yuksekova district of the Hakkari province, where 13 PKK terrorists were killed on Monday. So far, 162 PKK terrorists have been killed in the district.
Several weapons were also seized during the operations, the statement added.
The PKK – also seen as a terrorist organization by the U.S. and the EU – resumed its 30-year armed campaign against the Turkish state last July.
Since then, over 350 members of the security forces have been martyred and thousands of PKK terrorists killed in operations across Turkey and northern Iraq.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
