Turkey condemns suicide attack in Afghanistan
12 people killed and 38 injured in suicide bomb attack on Monday
Ankara
ANKARA
Turkey strongly condemned a suicide bomb attack on Monday which killed 12 people and injured dozens in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province.
In a written statement on Tuesday, the Foreign Ministry said Turkey strongly condemned the attack on a bus carrying military personnel, claiming the lives of a number of people and injuring dozens others.
"We wish Allah's mercy and grace for the martyred Afghan people, offer our sympathy to the families of those killed in the attack, and wish a speedy recovery to the injured.
"We believe that those who want to drive Afghanistan into instability will fail to achieve their purposes, and we reiterate our support for the Afghan government in counter-terrorism and our solidarity with our Afghan brothers," it added.
At least 12 people were killed and dozens injured on Monday afternoon when a suicide bomber rammed his bomb-laden motorcycle into a bus carrying military personnel in Afghanistan’s eastern Nangarhar province, local officials have said.
The head of a provincial hospital told Anadolu Agency that 12 people had been killed and 38 injured.
Anadolu Agency website contains only a portion of the news stories offered to subscribers in the AA News Broadcasting System (HAS), and in summarized form. Please contact us for subscription options.
